Updated: Aug 15
Indians have unique physiological characteristics. Such as:
• Most Indians are considered to be Thin-Fat (Thin Outside Fat Inside) people.
• At any given weight, Indians have more body fat than the other nationalities, which increases the risk of lifestyle diseases like cholesterol / diabetes / PCOD etc.
• Fatty liver amongst majority of Indians is caused due to our nutritional habits and not because of consumption of alcohol
• Our diabetes & other lifestyle diseases occur because of sugar swings or insulin spikes on most occasions and not because of a high calorie intake of food
• We are the only nationality where carbohydrates convert to fat under physiological conditions
• Indians are most susceptible to the monsoon gene which significantly contributes to belly fat
Fit4life India helps clients make sustainable lifestyle changes that support the Indian physiology and has 2 decades of research to support their approach.
Deepika Chalasani is a Clinical Nutritionist, Mind and Body Transformation Coach and co-founder of Fit4Life India, an integrated nutrition and wellness organisation for Indians that provides complete solutions, addressing health and wellness challenges of individuals by working on their overall well being. Deepika, Dietician & Nutritionist is based in Hyderabad, India and can be contacted via email email@example.com or Mobile +91 94910 11202.